Thread: Window Motors
View Single Post
Old 20-08-09, 10:00 AM   #3
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
On my early mk1 the when you press the switch down lightly it lowers until you let go. If you press harder you feel a click and it drops automaticly. It is controlled by an ECU in the door.

I guess you'd need to get the ECU and the auto switch to make it work in the passanger door and then customise the wiring loom to work.

Until recently my drivers door auto function wasn't working as the screws that hold the switch in place were not holding due to the threads in the holes wearing, I took 1/8" of the back of the screw holes on the switch to let the screws go in further and hold, now the auto works.

However, proberbly due to a lack of maintance by the P/O (it was a main dealer serviced car from new!) I've always had a problem with the window wobbling in the guides so when it is raised the top rear secion comes out of the runner, I have used a peice of wood to reduce flex in the front runner which has mostly cleared the problem but at the moment the glass sticks at about half on the way down on auto.......................