Thread: Track toy..
View Single Post
Old 08-09-09, 09:15 PM   #23
dogsbe

dogsbe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
It is always best to have just enough power to handle and focus on driving the car in question. Learn the techniques, car control, setting up and driving the pants off it. Then when you can master an underpowered car then go add some power to challenge the real players. Pointless having all the power and not being able to use it. Being underpowered makes you learn track craft to gain where others lose it.
I completely agree with you. At present, I am not looking for more power. The car is not right handling wise. I fear that shoving something insane without first sorting out the handling, I will get totally lost. The big push for more power is from my partner. He was not impressed with the power. It was more about the thrill factor for him and not so much about lap times. I think he was expecting something like the space shuttle.

I did discuss driving lessons as the best course of action. I'm no Michael Schumacher, but did go through an entire week long driving school and had futher lessons. I forgot most things, but I think I still retained a feeling for cars and race line. It is a bit like riding a bike. After a bit of trial and error, I can get into ryhthem. If that makes any sense?

I agreed to the T16 conversion because I dont feel that the KV6 would serve our needs in the long run. We have the opportunity to do it now, so we are taking it. Saying that, I have no immeadiate plans to actually harness the power. I will keep it standard until we start growing out of the car. I have already grown out of my ZR TD (157 bhp). It is good for training, but I very much wanted a lot more.

Well, that is atleast my logic.
dogsbe is offline   Reply With Quote