Thread: Track toy..
View Single Post
Old 09-09-09, 07:41 AM   #25
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Racing school refreshers are very good, they rid you of bad habits! You think you are okay but in reality you are shoite! It is surprising how a change in line, braking point, turn in etc can change a from a good lap into a fast lap. There are times when the car does not need to be turned in, it will do it itself depending upon the corner, camber and set-up etc. I was shown a tip at Brands a few years back in their track 180's long before I bought one. I was surprised at how the instructor took the wheel off me going through Clearways into Clark Curve and it drove itself around, I thought we would go off as there didn't appear to be enough lock.

If I were you I would stick with the KV6 and tune it to a set budget and then be at one with the car, once you have collated the track data and happy with it with regards set-up and consistent lap times then go for more power be it a transplant etc, this will require further setting up as the balance will have changed.