View Single Post
Old 17-11-09, 08:39 PM   #11
garymgzs180

garymgzs180 is on a distinguished road
hi ross. i had the same problem with mine melting the spider . the oil could not escape from the specified hole as the gear that runs close to it whips it away (a technique used on jet engines) and so the oil level built up into a bath and the gears boiled the oil. i am using the original oil inlet jet and pipe so there is loads of oil getting in and cooling. i drilled a hole at the lowest point of the snout and returned the oil to the very base of the camcover. i know the oil will drain away from the snout when not running but the gears hold a hell of a lot of residue and will not be damaged when starting the car. yeah george at rsm did the bearings for me. my kit came with the perfect power piggy back ecu. it is a very good unit and does not fail like the early units they supplied. advantage of the smt7 is that you can modify the ignition timing and the fuelling. it is very easy to use and tune. my boost gauge was only showing 4 psi when i first innstalled it.it only shows 5 psi now i have changed the valve overlap. it may just be that my gaige is not very accurate and it may be actually running 6 psi now. i did contact piper to see if they can make me so custom camshafts with higher lift and less duration which is better suited to superchargers but they have not been very helpful so far. are you running standard cams. yeah we should meet up at some point
garymgzs180 is offline   Reply With Quote