View Single Post
Old 17-09-07, 06:29 PM   #31
henocsr

henocsr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by arwilson80 View Post
'garythesnail' when you say Vectra V6, are you referring to the 2.8L VXR? When it comes time to change i'm thinking of a VXR Vectra (a bit away as i need to give them a little time to depreciate ) so all info appreciated....
i had a 3.2 gsi model before my ZS. Same shape as VXR, different headlights etc.... .
Was a good car to drive on mototrway and A roads. 3.2 v6 gave it some grunt as well (0-60 in 7.5 and 160mph) but it did have some down falls

struggles on twisty B roads, but then it was a big car

Got a lot of understeer in the dry and even worst in the wet. And if you have a dead wish you could turn the tc off in the wet and try to do a standing start. When i did it was the closest i have been to crashing a car, the torque steer was huge, twice as bad as my Maestro turbo, nearly span the car.

And also the head lights are c***p, dip beam is like side lights on the ZS

But other wise very nice car. i would think VXR may handle better but torque steer would be worst as more power. I think the new shape headlights maybe better in the dark too.

Vauxhalls are nice cars and i have had a few of them but i have found that they have not quite had the basics fully developed.
henocsr is offline   Reply With Quote