View Single Post
Old 16-12-09, 10:14 PM   #1
Paul ZS120

Paul ZS120 is on a distinguished road
need some help - but its not mg

i know this isnt an mg question but so many of you know about electrics in general and about several other cars i thought i would ask for help anyway and see what happens.....

i have exported a 59 plate facelift 1.9tdi octavia to belgium but i am having problems due to the fog light setup. only the offside lights up as standard but as i am living in belgium i need either the nearside to work or both sides together. can i just get skoda to plug the ecu in to swap it over or is it more technical than that? i went to the main vw and skoda dealer in germany and they want well over 100 quid to rewire my car but i think they are pulling a fast one. all of the wiring seems to be in place and an english mechanic is convinced i just need it plugging in. trouble is he hasnt got the software to do it himself. anyone got any ideas?

problem is im on a tight timeline. it has to pass the mot equivalent in 30 days or im liable for the tzx on the car - nearly 3k so thats a bill i dont want landing on my doorstep if i can help it!

i tried to do the same trick i did with a pug 106 (yeah i know but my first car!!) and just extend the wire, chuck it under the boot carpet and plug it into the opposite light unit. however they said they cant do it on the skoda as the fog light wire steps up the voltage to the tail light bulb so they cant be seperated. this is driving me mad now and any advice greatly welcomed.
Paul ZS120 is offline   Reply With Quote