View Single Post
Old 17-12-09, 08:03 PM   #6
Paul ZS120

Paul ZS120 is on a distinguished road
i know it sounds wierd guys believe me its pissing me off that a new 14k car only lights up one side. everything is in place on the nearside too, as the fog light is also the normal rear light. mechanic said that normal rear lights run off 5v and then when you put fogs on it steps up the same bulb to 12v and it obviously gets brighter. all wiring and lights are same on both sides and its a strange wiring set up which is why they cant nick the wire and drop a fog off the bumper. the gut has done this before but said it wont work on mine as you need both the wires together to give the stepped up voltage. so if he nicks the wire then the regular rear light would be useless and it would fail the mot anyway.

he is sure that it is just controlled by the serial bus ( i know he said bus but as you know my wiring knowledge can be written on a grain of rice) and it can just be switched over on the computer but skoda say it cant. think they are trying to con me so just wanted to check on here if anyone has seen anything like this before
Paul ZS120 is offline   Reply With Quote