View Single Post
Old 21-12-09, 12:24 PM   #6
starfire039

starfire039 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phate View Post
I think you are asking waaaaay to much for that mate. Can pick up a Mk1 180 for a grand nowadays, plus a mk2 180 for 2.5k, 3k - Why would people pay more for a 110?

No offense, tis a lovely car, but I do think you are being a bit optimistic.

Plus a V6 at 17? - bad imo
I don't agree with you here jakey wakey... you could in theory pick up a mk1 180 for a grand, but it's going to either need work done on it, be in poor nick, or be high mileage, or need of cambelt change etc etc. You can't slap a price tag on a car and expect them all to be worth that. The same model of car is worth different amounts. I think £3200 for a low mileage economical car like this is a very realistic price, and it sounds like Stephen has taken care of it. I'd personally never pay £1000 for a ZS, what's the point? I sold my P Reg battered Clio for £900... the ZS is in a different ballpark, you can't even begin to put them on the same price tag, unless it needs work doing to it and is in crap condition- some of them are.

One thing I'd suggest is it makes a huge difference if you replace the seat covers- might be worth getting some new ones Stephen, I got mine for 30/40 quid off Ralph and they make the car feel like new! That way people don't have a bargaining tool due to the poor condition.
  • Replace/fix rattly mirror
  • Mark 2 dashboard
  • Catch tank
  • New VIS motors
  • Fit bucket seats
  • Induction kit
  • New spark plugs + oil change
  • New exhaust
  • Decat
  • Fix drivers seat mounting hole
  • Reidy Remap

starfire039 is offline   Reply With Quote