View Single Post
Old 04-01-10, 11:04 AM   #47
starfire039

starfire039 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan1971 View Post

You wouldn't get a fine for driving "legally" in a group. It's that very fact that you are in a group within a specified area, that makes it "illegal".

Well no matter what you'd think of the offence, or any offence for that matter, you get two options, a court appearance or pay up. Flushing it down the toilet, and I appreciate that may have been an exaggeration, would just get you an even bigger fine, and eventually an arrest warrant.

Not the smartest way to go about disputing an offence where a summons or fine has been issued IMHO.

Yeah was just exaggerating, I might look it but I'm not stupid enough to do something like that

Again, I think there will be many misconceptions and theorys behind this, but my opinion is good riddance to the chavs on public roads and car parks causing a nuisance. However for car enthusiasts to have a car meet doing nothing wrong and not causing upset or disturbance to anybody, to be told to be moved on is quite frankly a crying shame in my opinion and a massive let down by the powers that be.

Again, this is all hear say at the moment, the only thing that's actually happened is some chav evictions, I have faith in the government and the police that as a law abiding citizen my right to assembly and association will be protected and if I want to talk cars with somebody in a car park, or drive in a convoy legally (by legally I mean sticking the limit and driving with due care which I do anyway), I will do!
  • Replace/fix rattly mirror
  • Mark 2 dashboard
  • Catch tank
  • New VIS motors
  • Fit bucket seats
  • Induction kit
  • New spark plugs + oil change
  • New exhaust
  • Decat
  • Fix drivers seat mounting hole
  • Reidy Remap

starfire039 is offline   Reply With Quote