View Single Post
Old 08-01-10, 08:44 AM   #25
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by will-w View Post
That's actually the one I was going to look at the other day, but didn't as it started snowing and I couldn't be arsed to de-ice the car!

What's the garage like? The pictures make me think it's a little 'Del Boy'?

If you can show me where you can buy a mk2 ZS derv for £2,495 then I'd be amazed... That's early mk1 with 100,000+ miles money

Anyway, Dan, I take it you like the new motor?

The garage was very much an "Arthur Daley". The guy I dealt with was fine though. He copied my driving licence then chucked the keys for the ZS at me and said, "take it for a run, you'll love it", and left me to it.

The cars he has in there are nice, not all 99k miles ex fleet stuff. My ZS is a one owner from new, 2005 "05" 20K example, which wants for nothing. To be fair to him, he had it up for good money anyway at 4K. I'd still have bought it at £4,500 due to the history and condition. I got it for £3,750 after I pointed out that it needed a service. It's far quieter than either of my ZS's so far as it's totally standard and so felt a little more clinical to drive. Didn't get a good drive really with the weather, but all in all, very happy. Took the vis tester I've got at the moment and they are both working fine and the plenum seems very quiet. It's a bit lumpy on tickover, but like I said, it needs a service.

The Alfa looked really good.

And ... Pete's twin, Yellow Mk2 Diesel went for £2,800.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote