View Single Post
Old 12-01-10, 09:53 AM   #47
starfire039

starfire039 is on a distinguished road
You could buy an evo, but look at the disadvantages of owning one, ie crap clutch, service intervals and fuel consumption, and the fact it isn't an MG. A VAG powered ZS with an LSD and some suspension mods, you would be hard pushed to buy something that's that fun stock. Plus it's got all the character of the car that we all love, if I had the cash I would do that to mine in an instant.

It depends what you're after I guess, and giving it to Reyland isn't going to be an experience like doing it all yourself, however I can't say a VAG powered ZS is exactly a common sight, and at least if you're paying for the service from Reyland and it goes wrong, the buck's back to them, whereas if you start chopping and changing everything yourself and something goes wrong, you've got to fix it yourself, and that just isn't my cup of tea. At least you pay your cash and get a warrantied definate power upgrade, and a nice one at that. Obviously everyone has different opinoins, but that is what I'd do to mine, and especially as my ZS is, or was, my daily driver.
  • Replace/fix rattly mirror
  • Mark 2 dashboard
  • Catch tank
  • New VIS motors
  • Fit bucket seats
  • Induction kit
  • New spark plugs + oil change
  • New exhaust
  • Decat
  • Fix drivers seat mounting hole
  • Reidy Remap