View Single Post
Old 22-02-10, 08:07 AM   #1
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by talkingcars View Post
Is it worth just removing the damaged section of pipe and putting a joint in, it isn't difficult to flair brake pipe if you've got the correct tools.
The pipe is well corroded, it was an advisory but in all honesty it should have failed! The only way to do it is to replace the whole run, both sides as well. Not much point doing one piece considering the condition.

I may as well get a Haynes and see where the pipe terminates, might have a go seeing that it is undriveable as it is off the road up the drive. I did consider purchasing a flaring kit but I guess the only one worthwhile would be the Sykes Pickavent version and that's not cheap. Just seen this one, looks decent enough, anyone got one they could recommend?