View Single Post
Old 07-04-10, 08:41 PM   #13
Maxfly
Site Ambassador

Maxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to allMaxfly is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by caled View Post
I've got a run up to scotland coming up, so will fill up in manchester and then again somewhere south of Glasgow, so that will be purely motorway miles and Ill see what mpg I get.
Ive been keeping a close eye on my fuel consumption over the last month of so, and Ive been typically seeing mid-high 20s mpg, although thats with a bit of showing off and town driving.

As far as the road tax thing is concerned, its now £245 a year for tax (as of April 2010) and by April 2011 it could be £425 as the MG ZS 180 is just above the 225g/km CO2 limit for band K (it's rated at 227g/km ie band L), assuming that the government dont extend the 2001-2006 manufacture year band K cap (lets face it, thats looking doubtful).
Aye, i get round about 26mpg for day to day driving, 30mpg is the best i have got so far though that was done with slightly sticking rear brakes so sure i can beat that