View Single Post
Old 08-04-10, 10:37 PM   #15
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZS Phil View Post
Ive just bought a MK2 180, hence my 120 is for sale in the for sale thread.
The first thing I thought when I drove it was this isnt much quicker than my 120 at lower revs but put your foot down and it flys in comparrison! Ive just done a 200 mile trip in the 180 with a roof rack, 2 mountain bikes on top, 3 people and a load of kit. Speed ranged between 60 and 80 mph and I got roughly 33mpg. I find its fine on the motorway in terms of fuel but a killer round town, especially if you want to hear that "snarl" at its best The 120 is a better all rounder no doubt but who buys an MG to be an all rounder? Thats what Focus's, Vectras and the like are for
hehe, had mine 3 weeks now and I still just want to drive around in it, not putting your foot down is SO DAMNED HARD. Ive got a stainless exhaust on it too courtesy of the previous owner, and the noise it makes is fabtastic.
Been through £140 worth of petrol in 800 miles in these 3 weeks. Good fun though.
Got a ~1000 mile trip up to scotland coming up next week for 10 days, petrol on expenses. Hopefully I won't use the entire petrol allowance on the trip up.