View Single Post
Old 12-04-10, 03:18 PM   #19
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StragglaSteve View Post
if your using the gas as the only fuel and there is no need for petrol, how comes they dont use/replace the old fuel tank? would mean you can keep your spare wheel!

also did you shop arround? £2000 is the most expensive price i had seen when i did a quick google search!

Heres a few i found with listed prices (range from number of cylinders, all include vat)
Capitalautogas range from £1,291 to £1,879
Professautogas range from £950 to £1,400
Autogas Solutions range from £1,150 to £1,600
He said he would be happy to make my system a mono one at no extra cost. He said my old tank could then be removed no problem. You can't use the original petrol tank as LPG is a compressed gas and I don't believe the std petrol tank would take the freezing cold fuel.

I don't think it is a good idea to have an LPG tank under the car......a few clatters over speed bumps and I would be ******** myself. Liquified Petrolium Gas is great but I wouldn't want to be standing anywhere near a tank that ruptured........it travels low down rather than rising. A few seconds of exposure would be enough to burn you badly like getting frostbite.

The difference is where the injectors are going to be installed........plus the quality of the parts. Papa did a 'cheaper' conversion and the system was *****. I am happy to pay more and expect absolute quality and refinement as if nothing had changed on my car. I would hate to spend £900 - £1300 and the injectors to give poor running due to a lazy sod installing it not removing the inlet manifold and doing it properly. Then having to go to a proper installer for them to rip it out and deem it '*****'.

Jim

Last edited by Boot Hill Bandit; 12-04-10 at 03:21 PM.
Boot Hill Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote