Thread: Mg zs vvc turbo
View Single Post
Old 12-04-10, 08:06 PM   #17
MG6Turbo
Banned

MG6Turbo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by carmadbaker View Post
yer it was that kind of reaction that put me off them to be fair....quick enough to try and promote the product and get me to part with my cash......but when asking fairly technical questions which i was a bit unsure of.... all i got back was (in my opinion) totally unnecessary "snobby" remarks which made me feel kind of stupid, may have just been someone having a bad day, but first impressions make a BIG impact and within hours had spent over £1,000 with Omex, shame really....cos the DTA is proven on Rovers and would have been alot easier, pioneered the Omex front lol

Alan from DTA is a very knowledgable chap, but he doesnt want to be talking to people that dont have a clue. Which to be fair, if you are buying an aftermarket ecu and trying to install and map it yourself, if you cant understand the basics, then you shouldnt be contemplating doing the job!

I didnt get off to a good start with Alan some years back, as i had an issue with a pro 8 that we had bought of him. It was the first one i had ever wired up, but Alan was adamant i had made an error, and he get quite shirty with me, suggesting i didnt know what i was doing. it later turned out to be a fault with the ecu, and Alan apologised, and since then, we have never had an issue.

Ive also worked with Omex, and yes they do have a friendlier approach, but the unit is just an imitation of emerald and dta.

Having dealt with Omex, Emerald and dta, i have chosen to stick with DTA and there proven record and back up.

Lunar had an emerald fail, (which i predicted would happen) and Emerald couldnt repair or replace the unit within a 2 week period, and this led to me having to convert the race car back to std ecu so the car wouldnt miss a race.

These are just my opinions and experiences.

G
MG6Turbo is offline   Reply With Quote