View Single Post
Old 13-04-10, 01:03 PM   #27
Gavspav

Gavspav is on a distinguished road
Must have missed this I've got a Prins in my 180, and so far it has all worked fine. Mine runs on petrol for a minute or so ( abit longer when we had the -15 over the winter) and automatically switches to gas. You may notice a slight performance reduction, but I've compared for fun by switching the gas on and off and well, it's a small reduction if any. Not really noticable on the road. My gas tank is in the spare wheel bay - I'm in the ADAC over here and I'm not required by law to carry a spare, but as I haven't had a puncture for about 7 years....They did a test here by the way and crashed trains into gas tanks to see if they would explode, and all they did was dent it slightly, no leakeage at all. My petrol costs me as of yesterday EURO 1,40 and gas EURO 58,9 and despite the slight increase in consumption its still a no brainer financially. Pays for itself in 40000km which is what, 24,000 miles? Oh, you will probably notice a slight increase in oil consumption. Don't know why, but I bet one of the clever boffins on here does. Hope this helps.
Gavspav is offline   Reply With Quote