View Single Post
Old 17-06-10, 09:36 PM   #29
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
Having had a couple of Vee engined cars (V6 espace and V8 range rover) I was getting bored of driving the Rover 114 I'd inheritted from my mum and my wife was about to need a car for work so we were going to get a "toy" car for me and she'd have the metty.

I was actually considering a wrx impretza and Mrs TC was surfing autotrader when she came across the ZS. TBH I hadn't even considered one despite having had several MG maestro/montego/metros but this ZS looked good, as I was passing near the dealer the next day I detorured and fell in love, I had a good look around, rang Mrs TC who arranged a test drive that evening, the dealer stayed open late just for us.

We agreed to pay the screen price as long as it had a full service and full tank, how lucky, it was the 60k belt service!

2 and a half years later I still love the car, indeed we have added my wifes ZR (she HGFed the R114), my sons R111 and the MGF to the stable and I still have my T16 maestro which is feeling very unloved but as a daily driver and family runaround the ZS has been the best of many I've owned.

There is currently only 1 car I'd consider as a replacment and that'd be a 260 ZT.