View Single Post
Old 04-07-10, 04:23 PM   #60
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Well I have given the car to Matt for open heart surgery.

I most def have repeat HGF as there are now sooty deposits in the coolant and it is drinking water at a very alarming rate

So we are going to look at the wire & groove option again depending on what turns up when matt opens it up... it will be the best option to avoid it happening i am sure, but last time the guy advised Matt it could be a bit marginal for the head...

I am considering then to get the block done instead, but obviously that will be an engine out job...

When it is all bolted back together matt will get a reading of the Exhaust manifold pressure, and we can see if it is too high and work on getting it lowered if it needs it.

Oh and the car needs the ac looking at (maybe re-gas) and an MOT while it is there.

It was funny, my GF was following me today (as i am going to be out the country with work for a few weeks, matt has not given me his little R25) and even with only using 50% throttle and short changing at 3K rpm, her 206 could not keep up and i got an earful when i arrived at Matt's workshop.

Even a poorly, tuned L-series is a quicker than a 1.4 206
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote