View Single Post
Old 12-07-10, 12:42 PM   #1
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Uneven brake wear!!

Decided as I had a free hour this morning id investigate the grinding noise I was getting, pined it down to the r/n/s wheel thought either bearings or brakes.

So jacked it up took the hand break off and spun the wheel and it sounded as iff the disc was rubbing. Assumed the caliper had seized. So took it apart and look at the state of the pads!! The one on the left in the inner pad on the right the outer pad!

Seems I will need new pads! lol The disc seems fine no signs of wear on the inside, guess I caught it just in time.

Anyway wound the piston back on the caliper, greased the pads up and put them back in, in reverse figured it will get me by untill I get round to replacing them.

If anyone has a set of rear calipers let me know as going to replace everything. As they have done a few miles!!

For some of the sharper eyed people out there, theres another thing to notice in that pic

2012 BMW 320d Sport

Last edited by Jay-ZS+; 12-07-10 at 12:52 PM.
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote