View Single Post
Old 13-07-10, 12:06 PM   #5
Dan1971
Site Ambassador

Dan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud ofDan1971 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by stamford View Post
He did well, but surprised all the same. I thought you would have stuck with it Dan considering how new it is and the economy etc. What is it about the ZS that makes you want more over newer cars?
Bottom line is value to be honest. A good - well maintained ZS will always be worth ?2K ish. I've had the Focus for a couple of months and reckon it's dipped in value. It'll just keep going the longer I have it. (Hmmm , not a good selling point really). My Mrs has a new car, do we both need cars so new - I don't think so.

The other thing is that where I had the ZS and used the train - I spent very little on fuel really - just the fun stuff . Now that I've got the focus, I'm actually spending more money running it -despite the high mpg - as I'm doing more miles driving to work. "Keep the focus then and use the train ! ", I hear you say. Well then the miles I do as "the fun stuff" isn't exactly fun. I've researched a train route to work and although it'll take longer, it's do-able.

Oh .... And .... I want to build an all-weather putting green in the back garden for the boys which will set me back about ?4K, and go on a decent holiday for my 40th.
Dan1971 is offline   Reply With Quote