View Single Post
Old 24-08-10, 04:14 PM   #76
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
been a few days so figured i would pop an update up...

the pressure reading system is proving to be a bit of a PITA to fabricate, as it keeps melting the oil feed pipe Matt is using to connect the brake line he has attached to a plate in the exhaust manifold.

so even tho there is no gas movement as it is sealed it is still transfering a hell of a lot of heat along it.

I had hoped to pick the car up this week, but my schedule will not allow this now, so prob will be next week sometime (on my way back down from hull most probably)....

will probably now also just use a ball and spring based boost controller to dump any excess pressure rather than worry too much about external wastegates, as it looks like heat is going to be too much of a factor, and i am still concerned about dumping too much gas with summit like an external wastegate...
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote