View Single Post
Old 01-09-10, 08:55 PM   #80
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
Right I have picked the car up and done a 100 miles in it to get me back home and get some readings for the EMP...

the news is both good and bad:
the bad news is that we have got high EMP, on full throttle in 3/4/5th it is above 2.5 bar - i guess 2.75 to 3.0 as it went off the end of the guage.

the Good news is that now we know this we are able to work out a solution, and if you dont use full throttle and gradually build the boost by rolling the accelerator the EMP keeps lower (but still higher than it should be)

so while we\I do some research and bandy some thoughts around on how to correct it, i wont be thrashing the car - so no Pod just yet Peter

Maybe this needs a seperate thread, but any EMP possible solutions please send me a postcard with the thoughts and method to solve it.

Ideally we want something like an idle control vavle that opens up gradually as the pressure against it increases but closes off nice and slowly as pressure drops.

Other requirements
It has to cope with exhaust temps of around 800C
It has to cope with sooty exhaust gases
It can't dump too much gas from bypassing the turbo and stalling it

Ay thoughts let me know... i am a bit stumped, i have a few ideas but nothing that in my mind will be easy to implement without a large amount of time\effort\experimentation
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote