Thread: Jays MK2 180.
View Single Post
Old 22-09-10, 03:05 PM   #50
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Bit of an update:

Well its back on the road again After the release bearing failed, George offered to replace it but considering how far away he is and that the bearing was only ?30 though there was no real point.

With the help of Dave got the gearbox off and replaced the release bearing, which was no longer recognisable!! Between us managed to get the box off on my drive in the dark within an hour which I was amazed at!! The clutch itself looked good, there were a few burn marks on the new fly but didnt look too bad (pic makes it look worse) and now its back together runs perfectly again.

I few weeks before had picked up some steelcaged bearing off ebay for ?15!!! Steal!
So whilst the box was off decided to fit a brand new torsen type B and the bearings. I looked at rebuilding the box but after looking into it decided as Dave offered it was prob best I let him do it otherwise I may have ended up with 4 reverse gears or something similar

Got it all back together and went to fire it up only to find the starter had now gone! So go a starter off Ross only to find a bloke round the corner from me had one so gonna have two now! Always handy to have spares I guess

Cant wait to get all the bodywork of my mates bike the im spraying up out the car so I can give it a real drive!

Also had it MOT'd today as that had run out whilst it was off the road and it sailed through that just need to look at a very slight blow on the exhaust by the flange for the manifolds. If I hadnt just paid out for the diff i'd be using it as an excuse to have the janspeed ones off Ross!!

Anyway going to run it for a while and then give it a good service with new plugs, oil and put new gearbox oil in,waxoyll the whole of the underneath and tidy up the induction setup. Then afraid its not having anymore spent on it for a while as im almost broke! One day it will get manifolds but cant justify them right now.

Tell you what though if it wasnt for the help of various members on this forum it would be being broken for spares as id almost had enough. Although now Im convienced im gonna have a great car thats going to reliable

Least no more busses to uni, cant stand public transport!!

2012 BMW 320d Sport
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote