View Single Post
Old 02-10-10, 11:15 AM   #236
staccato

staccato is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb steve View Post
yes its up at thor motorsport at the mo having the mapping done needs just one more part to finish off the mapping then a bit of tinkering about the power steering then MOT time (may need a rear tyre??)
estimated bhp is

im not telling yet till its all done lol

Cool sounds good.

Is there a figure that you've personally got in mind steve, like for when it comes back from mapping that will make you say "yeah that was worth it." And what will you do if the car comes back with about 10bhp more than most other people have got? Just put it down to experience or begin adding nitrous etc?

I just can't help thinking that even if it comes back with a good figure (for a kv6) of 240bhp it's still nowhere near the modern era of hot hatches we have on the road today. I agree the new prices of the Astra VXR, MK2 3 MPS, RS Megane/Clio are higher than you pay for a ZS+ what you've done, and you've kind of been a pioneer (with George) for this one-off mod - but to what end?
It won't be as quick as any hot hatch on the road at present - even less so in a year's time when all the hot hatches begin rolling out the factory with 300bhp as the new Megane Renaultsport will be, and the new 2012 Astra VXR. You've said a couple of times in this thread that George won't do another one, and that the majority of members won't be able to/or want to afford it. And doing it to prove it can be done isn't in the equation as it was done on the touring car wasn't it? So I'm not sure I see the actual point of doing it in the first place.

I was in the same boat as you - wanting more power but I went the easy route and bought something faster, rather than the brave route you've gone down.
I've ended up with a 2007 car with 350bhp for what is likely similar money than you've spent on the car+modifications so surely the end result has to be a 'wow' figure to justify it all.

Either way you're a brave man and I do acknowledge the workmanship etc that's gone into it
MG ZS 180 MK 1
MG ZS 180 MK 2
Vauxhall Vectra VXR
Renault Clio Williams
MG ZS-X 180 MK2
Mazda 3 MPS - 330bhp
Subaru Impreza 08 STI - 360bhp
Mitsubishi Evo 8 MR FQ340
BMW M5 E60
BMW 335d
Subaru Impreza 05 STI PPP

Last edited by staccato; 02-10-10 at 11:25 AM.