View Single Post
Old 03-11-10, 12:33 PM   #23
Stuartamc

Stuartamc is on a distinguished road
Don't worry mate, you wasted my time too. Thankfully I didn't travel as far, but at least I made it on time. If you're going to be almost an hour early when someone's meeting you there, it might just be an idea to give them a heads up. Yes it does look like it does in the pictures, if you want more detail you ask for higher res pics or come and see it. Think you will find it does look the same when you stand back and are not 6 inches away from it. As for being smacked up the ar*e, as I said to you it's probably a parking incident as surely it would have been known about otherwise. If it was that bad surely it would all be all bent up around it. It is called a bumper for a reason... Also sorry for not replacing the clutch before you came. I did suggest to look in the history to see if it's been replaced before or not to get a fair idea of the life left in it. Surely this is par for the course for older second hand cars unless the clutch has just been done.

Regarding the suspension damage which is from hitting a traffic island, it's someone else's car, forgive me for not remembering when he bumped into an unlit traffic island from seven years ago. Was fully repaired and checked by MG too, simply replacing the damaged parts. Also why would I hide it and then hand you the paperwork and suggest that you have a look through it all? You and your friend didn't seem to have much common sense to me, and were very accusing from the off, which I find quite offensive when my 60 year old parents are talking to you openly and honestly.

Was also nice to be abruptly accused of advertising the wrong mileage too on the car to the tune of an intergalactic 6000 miles, when I didn't. As I also explained, why on earth would I?! It's also on the shot of the dash in the ad correctly too.

Also yes it is one lady owner, as she has been the only person who has owned it, and she's a lady. Sorry I didn't mention her husband also used it on the odd occasion (how unusual!). I did mention it was her car she used getting her to work and getting about etc, so is the main driver - hence the point. I do have my own car and actually live with my wife elsewhere. Even still a son having borrowed his mum's car a few times before, what are the chances?! I'm 32 years old too by the way not 18, so it's hardly an issue is it?

I also explained the lack of recent history as my parents not finding the paperwork, and that it's always serviced at the same place and offered you the garage's no from the previous receipts. So it wasn't till then I saw it wasn't there, but gave you the opportunity to check this was true too. Actually have all the history from new to June 2009 so will have to work on getting the rest, but you can clearly see it has been well looked after and I have everything scanned now too. Also it was work for ?828.66 inc labour actually, so yet again getting your facts wrong. It was in Nov 2007 that a gold service was done, with front and rear timing belts, idlers and tensioners, osf cv joint, rear brake pads, tyres all round and tracking done. That was ?2366.21. Which to me seems great that now doesn't have to be done for quite a while which is a real bonus on a car for sale at ?1800. So I would really appreciate you getting your facts right before coming onto someone's for sale thread and slagging it off when you or your friend clearly weren't paying attention, or being realistic in any way.

Regards to the date of the pictures, didn't realise you were stood behind me when I took them... Also if they are an accurate representation then that's the point surely. I'm going to take some new pics, but funnily enough it will look exactly the same, as it's not been that long. If you'd asked for higher res pics you could have seen more before committing to a long drive. I did also point out the major issues condition-wise and clearly stated in the ad good for its age, which it is. If you want a mint car, personally I'd look for "mint car" in the title as the giveaway... as I said to you, it is priced accordingly and gave you as much heads up as I could saying a few scruffs and scratches before you came, normal for the age, yet what was the first thing you mentioned..?

I can only apologise for not respraying it before you came, but you did turn up early...

Sorry mate, had to be said...
Stuartamc is offline   Reply With Quote