View Single Post
Old 03-11-10, 01:12 PM   #26
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
An entertaining read. Also highlights that people have high expectations for cars that are 6+ years old and going for a song. Just proves you cannot please everybody.

I'd like to add that the car in the photos actually looks better than my own 8 year old ZS, which I have had 5 1/2 years and paid ?7k for!

If I was looking at any car under ?2k I wouldn't expect it to be blemish free and I would expect some sort of repair history, especially in todays driving world.

That's why we go tyre kicking and test driving, to make sure what we are going to see meets our expectations. What do you expect for ?1800? Not exactly breaking the bank or a high end spec'd car.

Put it down to experience and learn from it. I have had around 60 cars so far in my life and some were dogs, but I knew what I was buying. I have also walked away from many, never even getting to drive some of them as they were so bad on the first impression.