View Single Post
Old 01-12-10, 01:46 PM   #5
ZS
IT Administrator

ZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of lightZS is a glorious beacon of light
I did pretty much exactly what caled said... However my notes...

I used the 13cm Mini adapters and modded them (at the time was all I could get my hands on) but the 16.5cm ones are better fit I am told.

There is nowhere really to put the crossover box in the door... However on the passenger side you can put it in place of the electric window control box (not there in RHD cars, its on the other side) and on the drivers side I made up a home made bracket to hold the crossover half way up the door. This meant they were not rattling around in the bottom of the door and the windows still worked.

I put some dynamat behind the speakers which made a huge difference to the sound quality... HOWEVER the yellow 180 we dynamatted the whole door and that made an even bigger (better) difference to the sound quality

Oh and the door membrane is a pain in the arse! Either you remove it along the gunk and your tools get covered or you cut it and try to patch up afterwards! lol

Good luck fitting them

I love it when people call me at 3 AM. "Hey, you asleep?" "No, I'm skydiving."

http://www.bexairbrushing.co.uk
ZS is offline   Reply With Quote