View Single Post
Old 02-01-11, 12:56 PM   #9
caled

caled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nicecaled is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdope2002 View Post
thats just not the case for me

for the amount i use it i cant justify paying for it or even owning it

Old banger here i come
I can sympathise - cars are becoming very expensive commodities, especially when we don't use them to commute to work. Least we don't have as much to worry about with the petrol prices.

With mine, by far the single largest outlay is the insurance premium due to the truly horrific postcode (near the centre of Manchester...). I ransacked my savings to pay it off, suffice to say it is more than any premiums mentioned so far in this thread. I managed to pay it all off (to avoid the 10% direct debit charge) and am hoping to get some of the premium back when I move.

But increasing insurance costs, increasing fuel and still the doubt over whether the ZS180 will be included in the newer road tax scheme means that it is becoming ever more difficult to justify owning the car, which is a damn shame because its one of the few things that can bring a smile to my face at the minute.

Trying times, indeed.