Thread: BMW M Sport
View Single Post
Old 14-01-11, 06:53 PM   #14
sarah

sarah is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor View Post
The BMW could be a money pit if things start to go wrong.
yes, we only figured this out last week when we broke down in peterborough had to be towed home!!

couldn't get any gears, the SMG was playing up, stuck in 4th... anyways get's it home and posted up on the m3 forum's, someone said it could be the salmon switch and bonnet switch... so off he goes, bought the new switches cost him ?20 wasn't bad, took it for a spin it was still happening.

someone then said it could be the pump which is around ?1k to fix, without labour costs, so he takes it to his friend with a diagnostic computer (who works for BMW) and it's coming up with the only fault being the Achuvator? in the gear box? again ?800+ plus labour costs blah blah, but after phoning around he found someone with a spare Achuvator, now i know these dont come seperate from the gear box they're sold as one, but somebody only wanted the gear box, so now Andy has this part for ?200, and it's being fitted tomorrow for an extra ?50 at BMW (his mate)

but jesus, if he didn't find this bloke with the part he would have been screwed over BIG TIME! and now my fingers hurt through typing all that!!

my oh my.....
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote