View Single Post
Old 16-01-11, 12:34 PM   #20
neiljm0

neiljm0 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismyatt82 View Post
Nath86, I am going to show your post to my other half as she is trying to pull me towards the SRI... she said they look "nicer".... Ha!

I have found a decent 120 not far from me which I am quite interested in...

Anyone know the costs to get the Cambelt and Waterpump done on a 120? I hope its nowhere near the costs of the 180 lol
Ive just had a quote from AA Autosport was ?435
Our head gasket prices for the ZS range from ?275.
The usual price paid by most is ?435, this includes a head skim and pressure test, new water pump and new timing belt.
The head gasket price includes fitting of the MLS gasket (if possible to fit this gasket, but this cannot be known until the head is removed, and the loner potrusions checked). The head is required to be perfectly flat for the MLS gasket to be fitted, so skimming is required for this. I would expect the head would require skimming anyway.
I also highly recommed for the water pump to be replaced as it is extremely common for this to start leaking shortly after head gasket failure. The timing belt would be removed for this, so best to replace.

Basic cost - ?275
Head skim and pressure test (Inc stripping head, stripping tappets and rebuilding) - ?70
Water pump and timing belt replacement (Inc parts and labour) - ?90

The head gasket replacement includes an oil and filter change (using genuine x-power oil and genuine filter).

Last edited by neiljm0; 16-01-11 at 12:51 PM.
neiljm0 is offline   Reply With Quote