View Single Post
Old 20-10-07, 04:38 AM   #2
Boot Hill Bandit
Coming back home!.......

Boot Hill Bandit is on a distinguished road
Well I arrived in Newcastle off the ferry at bang on 3pm on Friday......drove up to see Smokey (you are a top bloke! Thanks for the chinese and letting me rest a while it was much needed!)which took ages thanks to my poor map reading skills and heavy right foot everywhere got back home at 4am this morning in one piece safe and sound.........no speeding......just cruising along the M8 and down the M6 listening to Karen's CD she made for me and a bit of Radio 1

Was great driving the ZS..........total mileage covered from outset back to home............1272 miles! but boy was it fun!

Cost of petrol I estimate at somewhere between £300 and £400 and no accident damage that I know of......

Although........I will need to get the tracking done and the car checked over because of my rally style jump over the speedbump outside Karens place and the failed handbrake turn in the shopping centre which meant I nudged the kerb a little hard

It's all been good fun........McRae has seen and conquered Norway and no doubt will be going back there before Christmas to see his mistress

I will post up some pictures in due course once Karen and I have decided which ones we are happy to show

I am happy to be back in the UK..........but I would rather have stayed with Karen and sold the ZS to fund it My folks are in the know about it all now as well and are happy for us both which is cool

Smitten Jim