Thread: Had enough
View Single Post
Old 10-03-11, 01:05 PM   #10
Stevedx

You are deffo not alone mate, I have been dealing with depression for near on 10 years now. The first few years I did nothing but deny it and kept trying to put on a brave face, and paper over any cracks, but eventually at some point the walls have to come down. I felt really bad when I finally went to see my GP, and he was really good, he said, and its be said here earlier, the first step to recovery is admitting you have an issue in the first place. He said I have known you have had it borderline for years, so do your family, its just taken this time for you to know it., but now you do we can do something about it.
I spent over a year signed off work, not going out the house, not wanting to see or talk to anyone, finding myself at 3am on the morning sitting on the beach, just watching the waves with no recollection of how i got there. That was about 5 years ago.
Then I went through various versions of chemical help, also had some counselling sessions, and as much as there is a stinma attached, i found them really helpful, because they help to train your mind into thinking in a different way, and getting out of the rut you are stuck in.
I have been back at work for about 5 years now, and dealing with it on a daily basis, some days are good some are bad, but talking always helps, and I was also offer a shoulder to cry on, or friendly ear to listen if you want it mate.

But deffo dont think your alone!