View Single Post
Old 11-03-11, 10:41 AM   #136
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
right car delivered to matt yesterday and i get his mighty rover25 as a swap.. job for the weekend, replace a fuel pump...

i also just treated the car to a new pierburg MAF, so should get that back before i head up to re-collect the car next week, will prob swap it over at Matt's or maybe at home once i got a feel for it with the new pump on....

I have found a volenteer close(ish) to Matt to help us with the pressure testing on a stock car and with just SDI's (no remap) so that should hopefully be done in a few weeks too.

Then we will finally know what was 'safe' according to MGR and what a 'minor' 30bhp/30lbsft increase creates pressure wise.... the SDi's on their own are also well within safe limits as i am yet to hear of a single car where it hasn't been remapped having any form of coolant issues at all.

starting to finally tick the boxes to solve this with some hope of getting the solution right first time rather than 'a wing and a prayer' and development time/costs
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote