View Single Post
Old 01-04-11, 12:38 AM   #13
starfire039

starfire039 is on a distinguished road
If you have the history to back up the belts being done, and regular servicing, along with the car being in excellent condition as it looks and sounds, you should be alright with a price of ?3k. "What car" values it at ?2600- if you take into account the work it's had done to it, especially that killer cam belt change, I think ?3000 is a fair price for you and a buyer.

When we take other people's word for the market and allow our cars to sell for far below what they are worth, we are part of the problem we bitch about. Not being naive, I'm fully aware that now is a bad time to sell for ZS owners. However, everyone on this forum knows how good these cars are, and those "ZS virgin" buyers who do their homework will know this. They will buy the cars for a stupid price if you sell it to them for one.

This car from a book is worth ?2600, but that figure should be adjusted obviously- a car with dings and dents, belts never changed, kerbed wheels, poor tyre tread, poor service history etc can make a big difference to the cars real value.

So advertise the car and see what interest you get. It may take time to find that buyer, but they will come if the car is what you say it is. There are people, such as myself, that pay more for clean examples, and even though it's tiny, there is still a market for ZS's.
  • Replace/fix rattly mirror
  • Mark 2 dashboard
  • Catch tank
  • New VIS motors
  • Fit bucket seats
  • Induction kit
  • New spark plugs + oil change
  • New exhaust
  • Decat
  • Fix drivers seat mounting hole
  • Reidy Remap

starfire039 is offline   Reply With Quote