View Single Post
Old 18-04-11, 08:59 PM   #39
Dave ZS-X

Dave ZS-X is on a distinguished road
good brakes, i had the very first kit from grant and hes a top bloke, he even machined me new carriers foc when the originals were less than 1mm out.
They are not fit and forget brakes though, you will need to take the wheels off and give the callipers a good cleaning occasionally, i used to take the callipers off the mounting and scrub inside, bit of wd40 around the pots and work them a bit...but be care full as they will pop out and you then lose your brake fluid.
You will find your abs kicking in when you initially drive the car but you get used to it and adjust to suit.
These are the brakes i used with ferodo ds 3000 pads on track for a couple of years and with a nasp car they were outstanding, no car other than bonafied racing cars could outbrake the zs, i could take 50 metres out of most cars in every braking zone, though that depends on what rubber your running and the cars weight,but good brakes are worth ten times the gain around a lap than more power, ive got videos on youtube tbh showing what they can do.
I hope they serve you well.

Dave
Dave ZS-X is offline   Reply With Quote