Thread: MG respect?
View Single Post
Old 27-10-07, 12:08 PM   #1
Mat C
Who watches the Watchmen?

Mat C is on a distinguished road
Hehe, my point about a ZS180's power (all 175 bhp of it) is that for some reason we seem to think that's powerful. A 2 litre 4 pot Clio Sport has more power than that, 22bhp more to be exact yet we never hear of them being crowned bad drivers. I really do think that driving an MG does bring aout a certain degree of arrogance and this strange belief that we are driving sub-supercars! 175 bhp is not fast, no way. My old 400+bhp Cosworth, now that was fast and would show anyone this side of a 911 Turbo what real speed was.
Oh, Murray - if you think that even with 203ps that you could beat an 888 Astra Diesel around a track then be my guest! It has the same BHP as what you have but with 330 lbft (not NM !!) makes it incredibly quick through the gears. 0-60 is quicker than ours, 0-100 is quicker than ours and every in gear time is faster than ours. They are only marginaly slower around a race track than a VXR Astra but in the real world they would leave a VXR for dead plus they don't suffer the torque steer that VXR's do because 888 engineering have all but eliminated it.
Mat C is offline   Reply With Quote