View Single Post
Old 23-04-11, 08:49 PM   #44
Dave MGT

Dave MGT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by olliezs View Post
Hi Dave

I have toyed with the idea of stripping the car out, but tbh I would only do this if the car was just for track, I removed some bits out of my old 106 gti which was fitted with a PeugeotSport exhaust and was deafening on the motorway!

My trackday is at Castle Combe, Im really looking forwards to it!

Im really torn at the moment as I would like to do the Reyland conversion using the Audi engine, but I like the V6 which is characterful and a nice engine with decent performance - plus sounds lovely with the ITG, but with my suspension and brake mods the car feels really underpowered!

What do you guys think?
Dont blame you! Its nice to have a track and road going car with all the comforts. Thats the joy with the 180. The fact it performs so well on track, especially with a few tweaks. It does deserve a bit more power.
Have you done the flywheel and diff yet?

The reyland conversion is a tricky one! I love the Kv6 it is a great engine just a shame big power cannot be had easy like other lumps.
Personaly I think it would be a shame to loose the V6 soundtrack, and it wouldnt really be a ZS180 with a different engine. Plus people wont be so suprised when you pass them on track
Dave MGT is offline   Reply With Quote