View Single Post
Old 04-05-11, 11:30 AM   #144
p_b82
Site Supporter

p_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the roughp_b82 is a jewel in the rough
been a while as ever and mainly due to everything behaving as it should.. more delays on my test mule helping out, but hopefully end of this month we should have the figures...

Coolant leak did re-appear, but thankfully it was down to a hose clip that was loose - and one tht was easy(ish) to get to to a lanky git like me....

Still not sorted my MAFAM out... really should take it off the car and bag it/send it to roverron for testing/repairing.

not sure when the testing is done the car will actually be worked on ,as i am less than month from moving house and money will be tight for a bit afterwards..

I know we have touched on this in the other thread zsserbia; but there is no advance on my fuel map, it was never implemented to everything is how it was when came out the factory.

An extra volt or too to make the pump spin a touch quicker, and the rest is down to injectors and mapping... i have never had cavitation or anything like that so fuel supply is still fine.

Tractor syndrome is usually the timing solenoid failing not the pump internals themselves.. and i have just had that happen to my old pump. A 'common' failure for the vp37 in the MGR cars whether tuned or not

Veg oil is worse to the pumps than tuning - based on the threads on .org as my evidence
Dieselpowered
Fitting Custom Hybrid Turbo (1856GTBv) & controller; Remap, swirlpot, lift pump
AMW Motorsports
Custom exhaust manifold & downpipe
p_b82 is offline   Reply With Quote