View Single Post
Old 11-05-11, 03:21 PM   #1
OllieZS

OllieZS is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave MGT View Post
Looked like a good day! Nice when the mods start to come together. A decat will give you that effect again that the itg gave.

Its so annoying when people wont let you passed!!! Its a pride thing. I remember a couple of years ago a corvette at oulton park wouldnt let me and Sie pass safely, Im sure he didnt like 2 MGs being driven much faster than his v8 monster. Then he came out the pits later and pulled right out infront of me (so i nailed him on the outside into the next corner... ***! :0
You just have to let these people carry on, they make themselfs look stupid.

With the new dampers, do you find them a little firmer than the std ones? Just fitted eibach springs on mine and they are better but feel a little softer on the front....
I will try and do combe this year, are you going again?
Hi Dave

Firstly, I have another trackday at Combe on August 12th! cant wait.

And the car is fitted with a Janspeed de-cat.

As for the dampers, there not firmer but control the car body much better with a better compromise between ride comfort and control. The monotube dampers have a much greater valve area than the standard MG items and the improved valve response allows better overall damping control.
The car benefits from better control in pitch and roll, especially noticeable at higher speeds which showed the real speed in the fast corners at Combe.

The kit does work with the x power springs (assuming Eibach are similar?) but the kit does state for optimum performance to use the standard ZS springs.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone.
OllieZS is offline   Reply With Quote