View Single Post
Old 29-05-11, 08:19 PM   #1
starfire039

starfire039 is on a distinguished road
3 years waiting, here she finally is... my 180!

After about 3 years of longing for a 180 I finally have one. Absolutely over the moon with it, she drives fantastically, the power is there, it's just the perfect package, I'm pretty damn happy!

Here's some pics, alongside my 120:

About the car:

She has done 136,000 miles, but they have been motorway miles as the owner who is a 62 year old man who's had the car from brand new and is the only owner works in Bristol, and lives in Uxbridge. The car doesn't look like it's tired and worn out, far from it. Unbelievable condition for a car of this mileage and age (2002). The slave cylinder has been welded so in theory should be pretty set and shouldn't fail, belts have been done. Clutch is very smooth, needs a service though, air filter has seen better days and will need new oil. Was MOT'd a week before I bought it, failed on CV boot, was passed about 2 hours before I got my hands on the keys, so has a full 12 month MOT. I bought her for ?700. Silly, silly money.

There is a potential problem with the plenum, however. I got a new plenum with VIS on fleabay off a scrapped car that is working for ?115. See this thread on my plenum issue:

http://www.themgzs.co.uk/vb/showthre...013#post210013
  • Replace/fix rattly mirror
  • Mark 2 dashboard
  • Catch tank
  • New VIS motors
  • Fit bucket seats
  • Induction kit
  • New spark plugs + oil change
  • New exhaust
  • Decat
  • Fix drivers seat mounting hole
  • Reidy Remap