View Single Post
Old 05-06-11, 01:37 PM   #16
starfire039

starfire039 is on a distinguished road
@ ritchy- Araldite doesn't bond with thermoplastics so won't work with ABS for sure, or if the plastic is GRP I doubt it would work either. Best to use the Acetone method as it chemically bonds the plastic together for a solid airtight seal.

@ fastmike- will do, although I suspect they've not had the equipment to manufacturer a KV6 plenum for a while now. If they do we would most likely have to organise a bulk order... this was something I was going to ask them. If there's a possibility I'll sort it

If there's any chance I can get hold of the actuator arms, that may help. When I find out for definate the material and can get some suitable bonding, it means that a repair of a plenum would be extremely cheap, providing they don't get cheeky with the arms, if they have any!

It would be great if we could get replacement arms, removal and refitting of the plenum is doable by anyone with a pair of hands, the ability to follow instructions and a socket set + a torx bit (of a size I can't remember, probably t20 but don't quote me!).

Regardless, if you can reseal your plenum it would mean you could maintain it and clean the oil out, and find a suitable lube for the joints to keep things sweet. If you did it every year then you'd probably have a plenum for life anyway.
  • Replace/fix rattly mirror
  • Mark 2 dashboard
  • Catch tank
  • New VIS motors
  • Fit bucket seats
  • Induction kit
  • New spark plugs + oil change
  • New exhaust
  • Decat
  • Fix drivers seat mounting hole
  • Reidy Remap

Last edited by starfire039; 05-06-11 at 01:39 PM.
starfire039 is offline   Reply With Quote