View Single Post
Old 08-06-11, 03:42 PM   #4
Jay-ZS+
Site Supporter

Jay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of lightJay-ZS+ is a glorious beacon of light
Attacked the exhaust today, I was going to fill the dents and spray it gloss black although decided to rebaffle it and thought if I was opening it up may as well replace the tubes with new carbon ones.

I could hear something rattling around when the cans were shaken?! So drilled out the rivets and opened them up. Only for the baffles to fall out. Both were broken and were in two. Would be fine if they were removable although they seem to be welded in on the inlet side. In a moment of fury I took a hammer and screwdriver to one but just bend what was left of the baffle.

Any tips on what I could do?! Thought about getting a bit of pipe welded on the end of the inlet so I can screw a removable baffle on.

The baffle is 41mm diameter by about 270mm long. Thats a rough length as not sure how far down the tube it goes.

2012 BMW 320d Sport

Last edited by Jay-ZS+; 16-08-12 at 10:33 PM.
Jay-ZS+ is offline   Reply With Quote