View Single Post
Old 10-06-11, 10:06 PM   #10
CyrixDes

CyrixDes is on a distinguished road
Hi mate many thanks for the tips and the advice. I certainly don't intend being ripped off, im looking at this one as it's only down the road and being from a main dealer, I may be able to do something in the way of p/x as my Astra is still not selling currently with a day to go on ebay.

I have no intention of going to ?4500, thats way over the top even though it does tick all the boxes and is the correct colour and a hatch which is what we want. Has had the belts done last year, new main dealer service, 12 months MOT, 11 months tax and a 3 month warranty which are all additionals that wouldn't be expected from a private sale and are potentially worth a few hundred on top of book price. Although these add value I can't see the car being worth much more than ?3500, particularly as book price from a dealer is about ?2500 although I do think that the car price guides undervalue them. At the end of the day a car is worth what the market will stand.

All depends on whether the Astra sells and I can wave pound notes under the dealers nose or whether I have to p/x and take a hit that way. Whatever happens it's not my only choice, theres another couple i've got my eye on although i'd rather pick one up locally than over the other side of the country!
CyrixDes is offline   Reply With Quote