View Single Post
Old 06-07-11, 08:47 PM   #5
talkingcars

talkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to beholdtalkingcars is a splendid one to behold
I thought the megs kit was very good value for money compared to buying the items seperatly when I was in Halfords on Monday.

Why Halfords - it's the only car parts place anywhere near where I work and I wanted it "NOW".

The kit was ?26, I also bought some shampoo and polish so with the 3 for 2 offer on car cleaning chemicals it was already giving a resonable price, ?40 all in.

The kit consists of 2 bars and a plastic storage box (1 bar and box is ?10), 1 microfibre cloth (3 are ?15), quick detailer (?9ish) and a small polish (?5ish), the seperate prices would have been nearly ?40.

As I've never clayed before and didn't know what works togeather I though it safer to buy it all in 1 box and I have to say I am very happy with the results so far.
When I was valating 15 years ago things were much simpiler but less effective and much harder work.

Why the questions in the first post, it was raining but I wanted to get on.

I'm never sure if it's worth the effort on my car though, it gets used everyday to and from work, as I work in a builders yard the inside gets full of dust including cement dust, not to mention all the dust that gets blown over it! Where we park is about 100 meters from the chimely of the local tarmac plant so there is often miniture spots of hot tar in the air, thankfully we are far enough from the railway with it's third rail not to suffer the microscopic rust particle fallout from that.

Claying the upper surfaces turns the bar brown fresh tar colour!

Last edited by talkingcars; 06-07-11 at 08:50 PM.
talkingcars is offline   Reply With Quote