View Single Post
Old 14-07-11, 08:50 AM   #100
Leigh_EvoIX

Leigh_EvoIX has a spectacular aura aboutLeigh_EvoIX has a spectacular aura about
So about 3 weeks ago the shell was taken away to be crushed. Didn't bother with trying to get it to the scrap yard and weigh it in myself as I was pushed for time etc. Ended up paying ?20 for a guy with a HIAB to take it to the breakers. Soon after the engine was picked up by a pallet courier and went on its way to the Netherlands.

After being in two minds whether to buy her back in the first place for breaking I am so glad that I did and would recomend anyone to do the same. I managed to make quite a tidy sum (obviousley performance parts fitted to the car helped bump the profit up)

I had a lot of organising to do from renting a garage to sorting logistics of moving parts to storage etc. I really had no idea where to start but everything planned out perfectly. At the begining I started a spread sheet which kept a record of items sold, postage cost, ebay fees, buy back cost etc and calculated my final profit This was brilliant as I'd have no idea what I made if I hadn't recorded it all.

Its gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside to know that she lives on in peices around the world. Many thanks to everyone that has bought things off me!

*MITSUBISHI LANCER EVOLUTION IX FQ320*
*Carbon Vortex Generator*
*Carbon Fiber Front Splitter*
*APS Dump valve*
*ARP Strengthened con rod bolts*
*Sytec uprated fuel pump*
*APS cold air induction kit*
*De-cat pipe*
*EcuTek Remap*
*407.4bhp @ 1.7 bar and 350 ft/lb*
Leigh_EvoIX is offline   Reply With Quote