View Single Post
Old 18-07-11, 07:47 PM   #19
Dave ZS-X

Dave ZS-X is on a distinguished road
fair enough bobdope, you only say what you have heard......
but we all know who was saying it blew up and they are just plain lie'ing, i invite anyone to either ring or e-mail martin and find out for themselves.
The car did maybe 3000 miles flat out , constant hard driving, purely around race tracks, and maybe another 1000 miles of "fun " road driving, the only thing that failed was the water pump, plastic impellor. Unfortunately i was out on track when it happened and i didn't realise, and so i did 2 more laps wondering why power felt down before i saw the temp gauge!!
I let the car cool down and it drove perfect again but i couldn't drive it anymore as without a water pump cars overheat fast, i would love to see the state of any k engine after abuse like that !
Fitted new pump and car seemed fine, i had already decided the car was for sale before that trackday as i just couldn't afford it anymore ( builder+ recession= skint ), i discussed what had happened with martin and just happened to mention i was selling and he then offered me the best money and brought it back, so i sold it to martin not even knowing for sure if it had a problem, he even test drove it and found no issues, so he decided just to be safe he would whip the head off, skim it and fit a new gasket....end of tale !!!

Dave
Dave ZS-X is offline   Reply With Quote