View Single Post
Old 22-07-11, 11:26 PM   #28
stamford
Site Owner

stamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud ofstamford has much to be proud of
There's not much more we can do on these engines that will bring a decent level of power and torque without it becoming unreliable and a moneypit. Most reckon between 200 and 210 is about the limit before it gets silly and most ZS 180 owners already know this by now. After that it is a case of transplants and whether it is worth spending the money, but if buying a cheap one for around ?500 as a base then it becomes more attractive imo. But that is assuming we stick with the ZS because we like it. Otherwise you'd be better off changing cars for something that responds to tuning for little effort and cost. But then again I quite like the underdog status and the way people scoff at the tarted up Rover. Nothing better than wiping a cheesy grin off someones face. Granted mine ain't quick but it still surprises a few out there and I'm more than happy with it as it is. Dave's 1.8T was the ideal conversion and really showed people what it could have been like if MGR had gone to town on a real ZS.