Thread: Little Mods
View Single Post
Old 14-08-11, 10:29 AM   #12
Mr ZS180

Mr ZS180 is on a distinguished road
Hi Graham.

Nice to see another Z owner not too far from me.

I quite like the black grilles. Very stealth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taphouse View Post
IMO it looked better with black grills.

I did all of the above little mods on a red mk1, and it made quite a difference. I de-oranged my ZS headlights, but it was quite a job, and you had to spray the orange silver, as its not an orange film like on fiesta. another top tip would be put the headlight unit in an oven for 5 mins on a low heat until golden brown! Only kidding just started to sound like i was on a cooking program! Leave in the oven on around 100c (reduce if using a fan assisted oven lol) for 5 minutes, and the lens will come away much easier than with a hot air gun.

I did mine in the oven at about 90 degrees for about 20 mins IIRC and they came apart quite easily although the glue is REALLY messy!!! The orange insert just needs to be prised off with a screwdriver or something. When it all goes back together just make sure it is fully sealed as any gaps in the sealant cause water in the headlights.

Don't make the same mistake I did though.........

I sprayed the silver reflector black. It looks good but my headlights are awful now. I have 100w bulbs in them at the mo and they are still terrible, but luckily I don't drive the Z much at night. Need to get some 45 headlights before the MOT.

The sheddist should sort out your problem though. I was convinced my clutch had gone as I replaced the whole hydraulic setup (master and slave) with a replacement OE one and it was the same but when I made my sheddist kit it changed everything!