Thread: Close call
View Single Post
Old 04-11-07, 12:45 PM   #1
Craig
Back Again!

Craig is on a distinguished road
Close call

I had a close call the other night. I took my daughter to Mcdonalds for a drive thru. Whilst waiting to collect our order there was a terrible smell of petrol. The pleb at the booth commented to his fellow worker that it was coming from the car infront of mine, I didnt think much of it untill I pulled away and the car stalled.

Restarted the car and it died again, heavy pertol smell too. I then drove to a parking space, meaning much revs and slipping of the clutch so it wouldnt die. I left it for 10 mins, hoping that it would be ok on starting again. no joy! So I pooped the bonnet, absolutely stinking of petrol. The breather filter was soaked. So i decided to start her up again while peering under the bonnet. Petrol pissing out of the pipe beside the throttle body! I pushed the pipe back in and it was fine (once the smell went)

I can only think I inadvertantly dislodged the pipe the other day when i remove the TB and when I went over the speedbump in Mcds its fallen out altogether. Im glad the engine wasnt very warm or god knows what might have happened. Needsless to say iv been checking it constantly since then and all seems fine

Craig Darroch

Create your badge
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote